Total time to 1st injection molded part:
155 minutes + 1-2 days of demolding
- The mold design is an easy process; similar to building a mold box around the design, and then make it a cavity.
- The polypropylene materials filled the molds nicely in the first test rounds and 4 other polypropylene materials were tried successfully as well.
- Optimization of the demolding is recommended when running next iterations. The more material that can be removed or reused, the faster the process will be.
- Datasheet materials were used for molding data, settings, pressure, temperatures, and more.
- Early hands-on testing for i.e. assembly and performance using first-out-of-tool parts is valuable for most team members: materials, design, process, regulatory, and if you need to make another round of iterations, you can do these the same day.